Welcome to the Turkish American Association of California (TAAC).
TAAC is a California 501-c(3) public non-profit corporation - donations are tax-deductible. It was founded in December 1975 in San Francisco.
TAAC has four local chapters - San Jose (Silicon Valley), San Francisco, Sacramento and Monterey.
TAAC Board of Directors (2018 - 2020)
President - Yavuz Atila
Vice President - Nalan Gungor Ozisik
Chief Finance Officer - Nurdane Molla
Secretary - Orgul Eroglu
Director of Membership - Koray Oner
Director of Arts and Culture - Ozden Matsu
Director of Communications - Demet Candas Green
Director of Public Outreach & Fundraising - Nihat Yetkinler
Director of Social Affairs - Saime Matsu
- Increasing, improving and promoting public knowledge and understanding of Turkish culture, history and people;
- Fostering friendship and communication among the American and Turkish cultures;
- Facilitating exchange of the arts, culture and cuisine of the United States and Turkey;
- Maintaining and promoting Turkish traditions;
- Providing humanitarian assistance to Turks living in the United States and abroad.
In order to achieve our objectives, TAAC endeavors to:
- Provide and/or participate in cultural and educational activities and seminars,
- Participate in major festivals and exhibitions,
- Promote networking with other organizations and businesses at a local and international level,
- Promote and publicize Turkish heritage, culture and the people of Türkiye through brochures, book donations to libraries, schools and provide guest speakers to established social clubs and organizations,
- Provide information to those who intend to visit or live in Türkiye.